World Journal of
Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences

( An ISO 9001:2015 Certified International Journal )

An International Peer Reviewed Journal for Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences
An Official Publication of Society for Advance Healthcare Research (Reg. No. : 01/01/01/31674/16)
World Journal of Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences (WJPLS) has indexed with various reputed international bodies like : Google Scholar, Index Copernicus, Indian Science Publications, SOCOLAR, China, Cosmos Impact Factor, Research Bible, Fuchu, Tokyo. JAPAN, Scientific Indexing Services (SIS), Jour Informatics (Under Process), UDLedge Science Citation Index, Global Impact Factor (In Process), International Impact Factor Services, International Scientific Indexing, UAE, International Society for Research Activity (ISRA) Journal Impact Factor (JIF), Science Library Index, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, International Innovative Journal Impact Factor (IIJIF), Scientific Journal Impact Factor (SJIF), Eurasian Scientific Journal Index (ESJI), Indian citation Index (ICI), IFSIJ Measure of Journal Quality, International Scientific Indexing, UAE (ISI), Web of Science Group (Under Process), Directory of Research Journals Indexing, Scholar Article Journal Index (SAJI), International Scientific Indexing ( ISI ), 

Abstract

CHARACTERIZATION OF LEAFY ETHIOPIAN MUSTARD (BRASSICA CARINATA A. BRAUN) GERMPLASM BASED ON MORPHOLOGICAL DESCRIPTORS

Ousman Yimer*

ABSTRACT

Ethiopia is believed to be the primary center of origin and diversity of Brassica carinata A. Braun known as Ethiopian mustard. 36 Ethiopian mustard accessions were used to evaluate the qualitative characterization and scores were used as descriptors for Brassica and Raphanus. The Ethiopian mustard genotypes were characterized for six groups of qualitative traits viz. plant growth habit, leaf color, leaf blade shape, leaf division margin, leaf hairs and leaf blade thickness. The research result revealed that the 36 Ethiopian mustard genotypes were grouped into two categories for plant growth habit in which 11.11 and 88.9% categorized under short non branching stem supporting leaf rosette and elongated non branched stems forming supporting leaf, respectively. A total of 20 (55.6%) and 16 (44.4%) of genotypes had green and light-green leaf colors, respectively. The genotypes also grouped in to four for leaf blade shape in which most of the accessions them fall 27.8, and55.6%, were under elliptic and ovate, respectively. The remaining were, obovate and lancolate. Moreover, the genotypes were grouped into two categories of leaf division margin in which 27(75%) and 9(25%) of genotypes categorized under cerenate and dentate, respectively. The largest proportion of genotypes had devoid of leaf hairiness (90%), and the remaining (10%) show sparse, in which from total 32 genotypes under no leaf hair and only 4 genotypes sparse leaf hair on external leaf. All check varieties show no leaf hair.

[Full Text Article]

BEST PAPER AWARDS

World Journal of Pharmaceutical and life sciences Will give best paper award in every issue in the from of money along with certificate to promote research .

Best Article of current issue

Download Article : Click here